President Mitsui sets “Fireside Chats”
PORTLAND, Ore. – Do you feel passionate about Portland Community College’s future? Then Mark Mitsui wants to have a chat with you.
Throughout October, the PCC President will visit each campus and many of the college’s centers for “Fireside Chats: The Future of PCC.” Mitsui will discuss the college’s goal to foster greater accessibility and equitable student success, through long-term visioning for PCC’s facilities and the 2017 bond measure. Students, staff and faculty are welcomed and encouraged to attend these gatherings, which will include a short presentation followed by a question-and-answer session. Coffee and light snacks will be provided.
The face-to-face conversations with Mitsui are an opportunity to come together as a community and discuss the future development of the college and its facilities. There will be plenty of chances to talk with the president as there will be a total of nine gatherings in all, with one at each campus and five more at various centers.
“Fireside Chats” Schedule:
· 2-4 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 4, in the Oak Room, College Center, Sylvania Campus.
· 10 a.m.-noon, Friday, Oct. 6, in the Rose Room, Downtown Center.
· Noon-2 p.m., Monday, Oct. 9, in rooms 203/204, Student Union, Cascade Campus.
· 1-3 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 11, in Room 115, Newberg Center.
· 10 a.m.-noon, Thursday, Oct. 12, in the Community Hall, Southeast Campus.
· 1-3 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 12, in Room 104, CLIMB Center.
· 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Friday, Oct. 13, Auditorium, Building 2, Portland Metro Workforce Training Center.
· 10 a.m.-noon, Monday, Oct. 16, in the Event Center, Building 9, Rock Creek Campus.
· 1-3 p.m., Monday, Oct. 16, in rooms 103/104, Willow Creek Center.